Families don’t exist to build better youth ministries;
youth ministries exist to help families be better families.
Some Questions for Consideration for Youth/Children’s Ministry Workers:
- As you look at your calendar, are you asking families to revolve around your schedule, or are you seeking to create your calendar around families?
- What events are you doing that are designed specifically to better connect kids with their parents?
- Are there one or two events a year that you could tweak just a little bit and move them from events that separates parents and kids to events that actually bring them together?
- How are you actively communicating with parents on a regular basis?
- How are you soliciting feedback from parents?
- How are you encouraging kids in terms of their relationships with their parents?
- How are you equipping parents to be better parents?