I read this article about a recent study which found that Many Teens Don’t Keep Virginity Pledges. http://news.yahoo.com/s/hsn/20081229/hl_hsn/manyteensdontkeepvirginitypledges
Questions for discussion:
What do you do in terms of purity programs/pledges?
How do you involve parents and families?
What curriculum do you use?
Do you like it? If so, why? If not, why not?
What have you found to be helpful in your program?
What would you not do if you could do your program over again?
How do you measure the success of your program?
Would you say your program has been successful? Why or why not?
Here is the list of books I read in 2008. I have underlined the ones that were most impactful for me personally.
- 25 Ways To Win With People by John Maxwell & Les Parrott
- A Christian Manifesto by Francis Schaeffer
- A Generous Orthodoxy by Brian McLaren
- Beyond Your Backyard: Stepping Out to Serve Others by Tom Ellsworth
- C.S. Lewis: His Life & Thought by Terry Glaspey
- Christianity Through the Centuries by Earle E. Cairns
- Conspiracy of Kindness by Steve Sjogren
- Courageous Leadership by Bill Hybles
- Covenant Marriage by Gary Chapman
- Creating Community by Andy Stanley
- Deep Ministry in a Shallow World by Chap Clark & Kara Powell
- Do They Run When They See You Coming? by Jonathan McKee
- Don’t Waste Your Life by John Piper
- End of the Spear by Steve Saint
- Enjoy the Silence by Duffy & Maggie Robbins
- Experiential Story Telling by Mark Miller
- Getting Fired for the Glory of God by Mike Yaconelli
- It’s the Little Things by Lena Williams
- Jesus for President by Shane Claiborne and Chris Haw
- Jesus-Centered Youth Ministry by Rick Lawrence
- Mistaken Identity by Van Ryn & Cerak
- Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
- Red Letter Christians by Tony Campolo
- Renovation of the Heart by Dallas Willard
- Samson & The Pirate Monks by Nate Larkin
- Sex God by Rob Bell
- Son of a Preacher by Jay Bakker
- Soul Shaper by Tony Jones
- Speaking to Teenagers by Doug Fields & Duffy Robbins
- Starting Right: Thinking Theologically about Youth Ministry by Creasy Dean, Clark, Rahn
- The Bible in 90 Days
- The Book of God by Walter Wangrin Jr.
- The Dirty Little Secret by Craig Gross
- The Go-Giver by Bob Burg & John David Mann
- The Imitation of Christ by Thomas a Kempis
- The Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claiborne
- The Journey to the East by Hermann Hesse
- The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch
- The Ministry of Nurture by Duffy Robbins
- The Pilgrim’s Regress by C.S. Lewis
- The Shack by William P. Young
- This Way to Youth Ministry by Duffy Robbins
- Thrones of Blood: A History of the Times of Jesus by Josephus
- Tortured for Christ by Richard Wurmbrand
- Tribes by Seth Godin
- What’s So Amazing About Grace? by Philip Yancey
My friend Linda sent me this video. I am sure it’s not about me because she doesn’t hear me preach. lol!