Check out this promo video for the new youth ministry book by my buddy Darren Sutton that I had the privilege of contributing to. I recently received my copy, and it’s a really great resource for helping youth workers wrestle through their own philosophy of youth ministry.
5x5x5 Bible Reading Plan – A simple reading plan that will take you through the New Testament in a year.
5 minutes a day
If you’re not currently reading the Bible, start with 5 minutes a day. This reading plan will take you through all 260 chapters of the New Testament, one chapter per day. The gospels are read throughout the year to keep the story of Jesus fresh all year.
5 days a week
Determine a time and location to spend 5 minutes a day for 5 days a week. It is best to have a consistent time and a quiet place where you can regularly meet with the Lord.
5 ways to dig deeper
We must pause in our reading to dig into the Bible. Included are 5 different ways to dig deeper each day. These exercises will encourage medi- tation. We recommend trying a single idea for a week to find what works best for you. Remember to keep a pen and paper ready to capture God’s insights.
Click here to download the 5x5x5 Reading Plan for Free.
This past Friday night we had a great Father-Daughter Date Night for our middle school girls and their dads. After dinner we went on a photo scavenger hunt. Here are the things they had to get photos of:
- Father and Daughter in front of Southwest Community Church Thrift Shop.
- Father giving daughter flowers.
- Father and Daughter planking on the new Southwest Community Church Patio.
- Father reading to Daughter sitting on his lap in the Children’s Books section at Barnes and Noble.
- Father posing behind a grill.
- Daughter reading a wedding magazine and Father crying.
- Boy talking to Daughter and Father staring at boy with intimidating look.
- Father posing by a male mannequin.
- Daughter posing by a female mannequin.
- Father giving Daughter a kiss on the cheek.
- Dad holding an “It’s a Girl!” greeting card with Daughter next to him.
- Father and Daughter standing in front of Things Remembered.
- Daughter giving Father a kiss on the cheek.
- Father and Daughter in front of the water at The River.
- Father and Daughter in front of the Father and Daughter Date Night Poster in front of Ben and Jerry’s.
A fun game we played last week at The Wire.
Students are loaded with energy and potential, and their is a battle raging for their loyalty. We believe that they desperately need leaders who will point them to Jesus and help them discover how they partner with God to leverage their Go-given gifts to expand the kingdom of God. Adriana and I have been passionately devoting our lives to the cause of youth ministry for more than 15 years because we believe this to be true.
We recently received an invitation to join LendaHand Mission (http://www.lendahandmissionteams.org/) on a trip to Costa Rica where I will be training over 100 youth pastors for 2 days as well as speaking in several local churches and Adriana will be serving as the team interpreter. We would appreciate your prayers for this tremendous opportunity to influence leaders.
We are seeking to raise around $2,500 for our trip. If you would be willing to support us with a tax-deductible contribution, please make your check out to “Lendahand mission teams” and mail to: Mahaffy 48523 Via Amistad La Quinta, CA 92253
Thank you for your support!
Kevin and Adriana