New painting I just finished for my sister Naomi and fam. My nephew Parker reading to his dog. Contact me to discuss doing a painting for you. Pets, wildlife, and nature are my favorites.
One of my greatest joys in 18 years of youth ministry was mentoring emerging leaders. Several of them are now youth pastors, worship leaders, as well as leaders in the business world. I would love to help you train your leaders. Contact me about doing leader training or a retreat.
I am excited to officially begin offering my services! Let’s grab coffee or have a phone conversation to discuss how I can help meet your needs!
- A Cook’s Tour by Anthony Bourdaine
- Across the River and Into the Woods by Ernest Hemingway
- A Hobbit Journey: Discovering the Enchantment of JRR Tolkien’s Middle-Earth by Matthew Dickerson
- A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
- American Gangster by Max Allan Collins
- A Stranger In The Woods by Michael Finkel
- Breaking Cover: My Secret Life in the CIA by Michele Rigby Assad
- Egypt: Travels with my Camera by Jane Barrett
- Emotional Intelligence 2.0 by Travis Bradberry
- Ernest Hemingway: A Biography by Mary V. Dearborn
- Hiking and Backpackingby Karen Berger
- Lord of The Flies by William Golding
- Muslims Next Door: Uncovering Myths and Creating Friendships by Shirin Taber
- Robin Williams: When the Laughter Stops by Emily Herbert
- Spiritual Grit by Rick Lawrence
- The Beautiful and Damnedby F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The Lays of Beleriand by JRR Tolkien
- The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway
- The Story of Layla and Majnun by Nizami
- The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom
- This Side of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Hi Friends! Many of you already know, but to some this is new. As of the end of May I am no longer working at Shelter Rock Church. This is the short version as to why: For a couple of years we were moving toward me moving over into something else; something of a teaching pastor or campus pastor, but back in the fall I was informed that they had nothing else I could move into at this point, and that they were pulling me back from my teaching pastor role so I could put all my energy into the youth ministry. This was the opposite direction I had been going, and I had to really assess the situation. After a lot of conversations, this spring I took a one month leave of absence and when I returned I was told they still didn’t have anything and they needed to bring someone on who wants to do youth long term, so they were letting me go. I was very disappointed that things had changed and that they could not find another “seat for me on the bus” in which I could focus on using my primary strengths and gifts of communication, event organization, etc. I am pleased that they were able to bring on Peter Ladenheim, a young man I have been mentoring since he was in 7th grade. He is an excellent emerging leader and I wish him nothing but the best. I could not ask for a better successor. As for us, we do not know where we are going or what we will be doing. I do know that I want to live in my strengths of communicating, creating, and networking. If you know of anything that might be a good fit, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com
So enjoyed running the Spartan Race at Citi Field for the second year with Natalia. I am down 47 pounds from last year’s race, and I really felt the difference.