Here’s a brief recap of some of the things I shared today in my message “Conspiracy of Kindness” at Smithtown Gospel Tabernacle. (The students came out and showed the simple things that we can do to demonstrate God’s kindness in our everyday lives. Their shirts spelled “Kindness of God”. When I got out of the way you could see it.)
“Be kind to one another” (Ephesians 2:4).
Kindness = Usefulness
Revelation 3:14-19 – The Point: God was disgusted because – in their self-sufficiency & pride – the church was not being a source of healing and refreshment; they were not fulfilling their purpose. (The Useless Church)
How we can be useful:
- Speak Kind (useful) Words.
- Practice Random Acts of Kindness (Simple things that meet needs and bless others.)
“God’s kindness leads you toward repentance” (Romans 4:2).
Repent = To turn around, re-think, think again, reconsider.
The BIG IDEA: My small acts of kindness demonstrate the love of God to people and cause them to consider and/or reconsider the message of Jesus.
Here are the questions for reflection & discussion:
- How are you actively partnering with God and being useful in His work?
- If you’ve been passive and indifferent about the things of God, what do you need to repent of today in order to make yourself useful to the Lord?
- What are the needs around you every day?
- What are three things you can do this week to demonstrate the kindness of God to people in your sphere of influence?